Kotyle — measures vessel capacity¶
Kotyle (from the ancient greek κοτύλη, “measure of capacity”, “drinking cup”) is a software program for calculating the capacity of a ceramic vessel. The main use of Kotyle is for artifacts studied by archaeologists.
Kotyle is written in the Python programming language and is available under the Apache Software License 2.0.
Kotyle can be downloaded from the Git repository at Codeberg.
- Introduction, or why would you want to know capacity
- Describing the profile of a vessel in a digital format
- GIMP plugin
- Μετρω, the Kotyle measurement tool
- Calculating the volume of a vessel
- Calculating the surface of a vessel
- Dealing with weight and density of ceramic vessels and sherds
- Other programs that calculate vessel capacity